November 23, 2007

Get Rs. 250/- Gift Voucher Free From Giftmate

Giftmate, which is part of the Paymate group is giving away free gift vouchers worth Rs. 250/-. Just you need to answer a short survey about payments and shopping preferences and give your name, mobile number, and email id, you will be getting it.

To introduce giftmate to you, as said it is part of Paymate , which is India's first mobile payment service. With Paymate you can use it as a payment option if you register for it and use it at various shopping portals, like indiaplaza, futurebazaar and even some offline shops too. The list of Paymate looks really impressive and it has categories on Apparel, astrology, pharmacy, books and periodicals, education, matrimonial, florists, gifts, electronics, jobsites, restaurants, ING Vysya Insurance and so on.

Giftmate is claiming to be India's first mobile gift voucher where you can use your mobile to send gift vouchers to your friends and relatives, employees, etc. Giftmate is accepted widely across all genres of shopping sites and shops, like in the categories as mentioned above just like Paymate.

The details on how to use your gift voucher is given here at Giftmate. Read these instructions very carefully as I got very much confused on how to redeem that gift voucher, as I did not receive any voucher number at all, but later found out that they will not send any voucher number, instead they will send you only the pin number and they will allot the specified amount that has been gifted to the mobile number (in this case free gift voucher from giftmate) and when you need to use it the merchant sites or shops appropriately.

I will explain on how I redeemed my free gift voucher. At first I requested for the gift voucher by submitting the short survey and my details. Then immediately, I received my pin number in my mobile number as an SMS and as well as to my email id. Here is where I got confused, I was searching the SMS as well as my mail for any voucher number but I could not find, all I could find was just a PIN number. I even sent them a mail to explain on how to redeem the voucher as I did not receive the number at all. But before they replied, when I was researching on how to redeem it I read over this page where it was mentioned about how to redeem it and that there will not be any voucher number instead when someone gifts or sends me a giftmate voucher to my mobile number, my mobile number will be activated with that specified amount and they will send me a pin number (yes, another number to remember from the already exhaustive list) to redeem it at the time of redemption at merchant establishments.

I opted to use this gift mate gift voucher at futurebazaar. And chose the product and followed the normal procedure for check out until I stumbled upon the payment option, here I chose the option as Paymate and followed the procedure to check out and pay using Paymate and at Paymate there are some sub options and I chose the option Giftmate and after choosing it, I entered my mobile number and immediately (yes, I should say immediately within seconds) I got the SMS with a alpha code and the details of the transaction at future bazaar.

So, here's how I paid using my mobile phone for the very first time in my life to purchase a product, (oooh, I am getting goosebumps). As soon as I received the request from Futurebazaar, I replied with the following format to them. PAY (Alpha Code) (My PIN) eg: PAY ABC 1234 to 57333. All these time, maybe seconds, my browser was waiting for my confirmation to arrive to their server and within seconds I sent my payment, it processed immediately and got the confirmation on the browser that the payment has been made and I also got the confirmation about the transaction as an SMS in my mobile.

At first, I was really sceptic about this process of paying through mobile and thought about how it is going to work and I thought that there is going to be some disturbance or interruptions during the payment process and thought ultimately that my purchase won't happen at all, but to my surprise, there was not a single disturbance or hindrance during the entire process, but not sure about future transactions.

I personally feel that they should explain the process of redeeming the voucher even more clearly in their site, as this is an entirely new process for any one here in India and most of those who use it will get confused, like myself, as they are not receiving any voucher number but there was a mention about gift voucher, and should explain clearly that one's own mobile number itself acts as a gift voucher here and the pin acts as a password to pay the amount that was sent to that mobile number.

If you ask whether I will use it again or not, I would say yes and a no. Yes, because I felt it as more secure way to purchase online where I am not giving my credit/debit card numbers and no because its difficult to understand (maybe initially) and also they are using a premium SMS number to access information, where I need to pay again a premium rates for the SMS to access information, I would prefer that they use the regular mobile number.

Okay, coming back to the free gift voucher from Giftmate, you can get it from their site here. You can post your views on how felt about this new way of buying stuffs on the comments, eagerly wanted to know how you fared when compared to myself on this new feature I stumbled upon.

If you wish to receive such offers regularly in your email, you can subscribe to this blog.

p.s.: This offer is over now. You can try similar offer from giftmate and Indiaplaza, here.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

The comments are useful, and I myself have found that the User experience can be improved overall.

Overall the product is doing showing traction, in a short period of time from launch.

probir roy

Anonymous said...

even i purchased a thing from indiatimes.what i want to know is.have u received whatever u have purchased and have u tried re charging ur mobile after u made the payment.

Siva said...

@Anonymous, no, I have not received it yet, perhaps, i will receive it by this week and have not tried recharging it again, but planning to.

Anonymous said...

Shiva,

The link u provided here(to register mobile number) is working to get Giftmate's free 250rs. voucher. But I don't see any reference for this link on www.Giftmate.co.in. why are they not mentioning anything regarding this offer there. When thay did not display it on their site, where did u get this link from? Can you please clarify me on this?

Anonymous said...

@Shiva, Have u received your ordered goods now or still not received anything???

Siva said...

@Rahul and all, yes I have received the ordered goods.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
will there be any disturbance after giving the mobile number? like..getting so many annoying promotions offers and flood the number with messages :( ??

thanks a lot.

Siva said...

I don't think so, i have not received any promotions or offers other than reminding about the giftmate's voucher expiry and one offer about redeeming it on india bazaar for free pendrive, that's all. It's absolutely a genuine company.

Anonymous said...

@shiva , congrats for getting your products. Sorry for being skeptical, but is it possible that giftmate can deduct the money from the balance of our cellphones ??? I am asking this because i am planning to get my friends/relatives mobiles tommorrow and get 1-2 more vouchers , but I dont want them to suffer in anyway because of me. Moreover , they will kill me if any money got deducted from their cellphone balance .
please reply soon....

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rahul for asking that question.I too had doubt abt whether the balance will get reduced :(
I used a couple of my friend's mobile numbers..I will be thrashed if anything happens...
pls clarify this.

Thanks a lot.

Siva said...

@Rahul, giftmate is a genuine site as far i know and researched.

Anonymous said...

Hi Friends

The offer of free gift voucher has ended now and if you know about this type of another offer then please let me know

Thanks

Siva said...

@manmohanca, you can check out the latest offer from Indiaplaza and Giftmate in my latest post.

Anonymous said...

heya people this is not working i think this is fake....

Siva said...

This offer is closed now.

Anonymous said...

wer to do d survey ????
i want d voucher
someone tell me wer to do d survey

Amazon deals said...

simply the best

Anand Ahlawat said...

ya its the best

Unknown said...

Its wonderful...try it

Unknown said...

It Rulllz. Till Now I hv recived 3 gift Vouchers within 3 days

Anonymous said...

participate in offer galore survey, but ye survey hai konsa, aur kha?

Anonymous said...

This offer is over long time ago.

Unknown said...

how u received 3 voucher

Unknown said...

plz tell me something by which
i can earn voucher

jts said...

i have got id 130621 in name of b.s.naik now u please tell me how i get my gift