November 26, 2007

More Free Offers from Online Photo Printing Sites in India

Apart from Picsquare there are two more startup online photo printing services, namely Itasveer and Snapfish (which is an HP Company). They both are luring new customers to register in their site and hence offering free prints when you register and order prints through them.

First, Itasveer, is giving away 10 free prints initially to those who register for free and order prints for the first time. These free prints are applicable only for 4" x 6 " prints. You only need to pay the shipping costs of Rs. 30/- for up to 50 prints, which I felt was a reasonable amount for shipping charges. Consider that you are planning to avail only 10 prints initially to order. You will be paying Rs. 30/- only as shipping charges. And hence you are saving Rs. 30/- per 10 prints if you order it through your local printing studio, which charge around Rs. 6 for each print. Hence this offer can be termed as 50% off on your printing charges, if you plan to print only 10 prints and not entirely free. Itasveer is also currently running another promo where you need not pay any shipping charge if you order for more than Rs. 50/-, but this cannot be clubbed with the free prints offer. I have tried Itasveer once before some time back and fount their print quality as not so good as Picsquare.

Secondly, Snapfish is which is the Indian version of their popular international version, Snapfish.com. It is from the printing giants HP. They are currently giving away 20 free prints and free photo album for your first order if you register now. This I feel is the king of offer among the startup online printing companies. This does not, as always, does not include the shipping charges which only the user need to pay. But I felt their shipping charge for up to 60 prints of Rs. 44/- to be a bit high when compared to Itasveer and Picsquare. But considering you are getting 20 free prints initially and a photo album, I would give it a try since you are getting 20 prints for Rs. 44/- which means you are getting it for Rs. 2.20 for each print, which is way below the normal rate or Rs. 6/-. I have not given it a try yet, hence I could not comment on its printing quality.

Eventually, I personally feel that getting your photos printed from online photo printing services is here to stay in the long run, but still I would prefer to give my normal prints (4 x 6) printed at my local studio considering you need to pay extra charges for shipping, except in cases like Snapfish India offering each prints for just Rs. 2.95, which would nullify the extra shipping charges that we need to pay for getting it printed and delivered without having to move from your home or even to your nearest photo studio. And getting your photos printed on things like T-shirt, coffee mugs, mouse pads, and calenders is where these sites would come in handy for me, which I don't think I can get it done from the local photo printing shops in India.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

itasveer too gives away albums for orders having more than 40 prints. It's of very decent quality and also I could print captions on the photos, which was a good feature.

I've been satisfied with itasveer's services.

Siva said...

@Anonymous, thanx for the info on free photo album.

I did not say that itasveer's service was bad but in fact I received my order intact and in perfect condition within 2 days, but i said that the print quality when compared to picsquare is not so good, but not too bad too to write it off.

Anonymous said...

I agree that online printing is definitely here to stay and its surprising how fast we (Indians) are adapting to this trend, considering how skeptical we are about availing online services. Another player who deserves to be mentioned here is G.K.vale (www.gkvale.com) who I think are doing a wonderful job as well and the prices are more alluring than snapfish. Rs.2.99 for a 4x6 print and only Rs.25 for shipping regardless of how big your order is. I would recommend all fellow photographers to give it a shot! what have we got to lose anyway (free hard disk space?) ;)

Sagar said...

Hi,

Please don't go with Photojaanic. I had a bad experience. They have taken over from Snapfish, but the service is really bad. Photo quality is OK not that good. They don't provide free albums as Snapfish used to do. Overall experience very BAD.
Go with Zoomin.