December 17, 2007

Get Cash Backs & Other Offers from Big Bazaar Credit Card

Big Bazaar, we all know is famous for its discounts and amazing offers. What we know less or don't know much at all is that Big Bazaar and ICICI Bank has a co-branded credit card namely Big Bazaar Shakti Credit Card. This is an exclusive credit card that Big Bazaar had launched exclusively for housewives who shop at Big Bazaar regularly. This is a no fees and no annual fees card just like all other ICICI Bank Credit Cards.

This card, I came to know on my visit to Big Bazaar, had really cool and amazing offers attached to it. One of the most pressing offer is that you will be getting gift voucher worth Rs. 250 from Big Bazaar which you can redeem there for a minimum purchase of Rs. 500, when you apply for a credit card now. And you will be getting 1 kg sugar free every month (I guess only when purchasing using this card every month). And the rewards points is also you will be getting 4 for every Rs. 100 spent, as against the normal 2 points for regular ICICI Bank Credit Card.

Apart from this you will be getting more special offers every now and then exclusively for Shakti card holders. The most important offer is that you will be having a special counter to pay your bill (which I feel is the most important thing that one need at Big Bazaar with the queue on each billing counter has). Your rewards points can be converted as gift vouchers from Big Bazaar. You can also shop at Big Bazaar one day prior to their official annual sales. You can also avail some special rates for converting your sales to EMIs.

The main drawbacks of this card is that it is offered only for ladies and not for men. And it can only be used at Big Bazaar and not anywhere else.

This is a must-have credit card for those who shop regularly at Big Bazaar and for those this is indeed a great card to own, else you can give it a try once and avail the offers and can cancel it after some time.

Although, the Future Group, which owns the Big Bazaar, has plans on starting its own branded credit card namely Future Card, and this Shakti Card will be merged to Future Card soon. But I still feel that these offers will be continued even then.

Actually, I visited Big Bazaar yesterday after I received an SMS from mGinger about an offer on Big Bazaar namely "Believe it or Not Offer" where it was mentioned that if you buy a socks you will be getting a jeans for free and if you buy a bedsheet you will get pillows and double blanket free and such many more offers being offered.

As always, I got curious about these offers and wanted to explore, especially I was more curious on the offer on buying a socks and getting a jeans free. So, I visited the Big Bazaar in Chennai which is located at Saligramam which is close to Vadapalani (the house of all movies made in Chennai).

As always, Big Bazaar was crowded like anything like a normal Sunday evening. This is not my first trip to Big Bazaar, I have been there a handful of times before. This visit was specifically for the offer of buying a socks and getting jeans free. So, as soon as I entered Big Bazaar, the first place I explored was that socks section. As, I had expected or had a small doubt regarding this offer, the socks was priced at Rs. 525 each pair and was of Levi's Brand. I have never brought a pair of socks for Rs. 525 ever. Anyway, I then decided to have a look at the jeans that they were giving for free on a thought that if it is of good quality or branded, on the thoughts of buying it at once. But I was disappointed there also, as the quality of the jeans is not up to the mark and it was also not a branded one. Hence I have decided drop my plan on utilizing this offer. This is the reason, I did not want to mention this as a separate offer here at Offers Galore.

Then as usual I have decided to do window shopping and started strolling or should I say crawling through the huge crowd that had turned up. I had virtually no walking space and had to wade through the crowd most of the time with little to no space.

As most of you might be knowing that how the products are sold at Big Bazaar, as the respective sales people will shout out the offer of the day through the megaphone, just like the normal footpath shops do to lure customers, sometimes such antics will be creating more of an irritation than curiosity to buy.

Almost all the products had an offer attached to it, whereas except for a few, most of them seems rather bloated offers, that's what I felt on first instance. Some were good and average and some grocery products they were selling below the MRP rates.

After all my shopping, the most hated part of my shopping came, yes the billing part at Big Bazaar. Yes, although there are around 10 or more cash tills at Big Bazaar, almost all had around 10 or more persons standing in queue, which is the most frustrating part of my shopping at Big Bazaar, where I had to wait for around 10 to 15 minutes to get it billed (similar to the queue one can see at the from our regular PDS or ration shops). They still have not found a good solution to this issue.

I wonder whether this crowd at cash counter or generally in the store is only a weekend or peak-hour phenomenon. As I have not visited Big Bazaar during weekdays or off shopping hours, I did not have a chance to witness that. Has anyone had shopped at Big Bazaar during off-peak hours or weekdays and how was the crowd at that time, is it very less or the same, can someone share the thoughts about it?

No comments: